SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom announced today that he has signed the following bills into law:
- AB 1565 by the Committee on Emergency Management – Emergency Management Assistance Compact.
- AB 1765 by Assemblyman Adrin Nazarian (D-North Hollywood) – Marks-Roos Local Bond Pooling Act of 1985: Rate Cut Bonds: Review.
- AB 1796 by Congressman Steven Choi (R-Irvine) – Public higher education: re-enrollment.
- AB 1904 by Assemblyman Tim Grayson (D-Concord) – Consumers Legal Remedies Act: person covered.
- AB 1906 by Assemblyman Mark Stone (D-Scotts Valley) – Voluntary Stream Restoration: Owner Liability: Indemnification: Claims.
- AB 1981 by Assemblymember Alex Lee (D-San Jose) – jury duty.
- AB 2023 by Assemblyman Steve Bennett (D-Ventura) – Prisons: release plans.
- AB 2172 by Assemblywoman Sabrina Cervantes (D-Riverside) – Political Reform Act of 1974: Electronic Filings.
- AB 2178 by Assemblyman Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Physicians and Surgeons: Special Faculty Permits: University Medical Center.
- AB 2361 by Assembly Member Mia Bonta (D-Oakland) – Juveniles: transfer to criminal court.
- AB 2431 by the Banking and Finance Commission – Commercial entities: disclosure of information: requirements.
- AB 2537 by Assemblyman Mike Gipson (D-Carson) – Vehicles: Driver Education.
- AB 2627 by Assembly Member Rebecca Bauer-Kahan (D-Orinda) – Personal Information Collected Electronically: Local Agencies: California Community Colleges: Memorandum of Understanding.
- SB 1299 by Sen. Dave Min (D-Irvine) – Student Instruction: California State Summer School for Mathematics and Science: Eligibility: Funding: Tuition and Application Fees.
- SB 1397 by Sen. Andreas Borgeas (R-Fresno) – Teacher Accreditation: Emergency Teaching Permit.
The Governor also announced that he had vetoed the following bills:
- AB 1870 by Assemblyman Mark Stone (D-Scotts Valley) – Organics. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 1926 by Assemblyman Steven Choi (R-Irvine) – Voluntary declaration of parentage. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 1951 by Assemblyman Tim Grayson (D-Concord) – Sales and Use Tax: Exemptions: Manufacture. A veto message can be found here.
For the full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov.
# # #